Cathedral Abbey of St. Anthony
Holy See of the Worldwide Ecumenical Catholic Church of Christ
New Order of St. Francis and St. Clare
For more pictures, please visit this website and click on the pictures.
Serving God's People throughout the Centuries since 1857 Since 2010 The Ecumenical Catholic Church of Christ
5247 Sheridan Street, Detroit, MI 48213 USA
Cathedral of St. Anthony Cathedral of St. Anthony – Detroit
Our worldwide website: www.ecumenicalccc.org
New Order Saints Francis & Clare: www.theneworderofsaintfrancis.org
For a visit of the famous historical Glass Stained Windows, Visit the link below:
Credit and Special Thanks to Mr. Michael Surdyk!
Biblical Perspectives WBXQ 7490 Short Wave Radio. 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time North America and around the World.
The Cathedral Abbey Friars and Sisters
Ecumenical Primate and Order General, ++Dr. Karl Rodig, NOSF
Superior General of The New Order of St. Francis and St. Clair
Archbishop Dr. Tony Scuderi, NOSF
Provincial for the USA Province
Fr. Emmanuel, NOSF
Fr. Frank, NOSF
Fr. Anthony, OFM
Fr. Rogelio, NOSF (GA) +In memoriam 2021
Fr. Deacon Mike E.
Sr. Maria Benedicta, NOSF
Sr. Maria Theresa of Jesus, NOSF
Sr. Maria Tate, NOSF
Br. Ken, NOSF
Br. Morgan, NOSF
May through October
Tuesday and Thursday
10:00 AM Mass in the Cathedral
Morning Prayer (Laudes):
8:30 AM followed by daily Mass Monastery Chapel
1st Saturday Clothes and Food Pantry:11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
2nd SaturdaySt. Anthony Village Block meeting11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Sundays:AA meeting 1:30 PM in the Classroom
Al Anon meeting 1:30 PM in the Classroom of the Monastery
Chapel of St. Francis and St. Clare
100 Parson Street, 2nd Floor Midtown Detroit behind DSO 2nd Tuesday Mass 10:00 AM
More pictures from our Historic Cathedral
Corner Stone laid in the Year of the Jubilee 1901
Constructed of stone and pressed brick in the Romanesque Style, the Cathedral occupies without a doubt, a prominent place among the churches of Detroit.
There are three Front entrances. In a niche above the beautiful main entrance stands the large statue of St. Anthony. Upon entering, the first thing that impressed one is the soft, delicate light admitted through beautifully colored stain-glass windows that fill the interior and lends an air of indescribable peace so soothing and inviting to prayer and meditation.
Above, the ceiling is arched, the broad wide arch of the a sign of firmness, strength and determination. The high-vaulted sanctuary receives its light from four smaller windows of four Evangelists. At the left, a magnificent glass painting of the angelic Aloysius receiving his First Holy Communion from his sainted friend, Charles Borromeo.
Under a charming rosette window in the large transept area a triple group: St. Boniface the great Apostle of the Germans, St. Anthony, the patron Saint of the Cathedral, and lastly, St. Vincent de Paul.
Moving along we see a splendid representation of the Holy Family. Truly admirable is the scene of our savior among the little children. Next is a picture of the Resurrection of our Lord. The last window shows blessed Margaret Mary Alacoque transfigured by divine love in the vision of the Sacred Heart.
On the opposite side is the appointment of St. Peter as Prince of the Apostles. Beside is our savior in the Garden of Olives. Next is a beautiful window depicting the Guardian Angel. Truly a gem of Christian Art is the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
In the transept on the left side facing the altar are three windows. In the center is a masterful reproduction of Murillos’s beautiful painting of the Immaculate Conception. Then there are St. Elizabeth and St. Monica, mother of St. Augustine. Above there is a beautiful rosette, similar to the one on the opposite side of the transept. The last window is one of St. Rose of Lima.
The nave and transept windows dated 1902 are from Innsbruck, Austria. A rich stream of light floods the entire nave through the rose window over the entrance of the church-the all-seeing eye of God, an imported window like the others but the product of the Detroit Friedrichs and Wolfrum. The same firm made the windows in the tower.
Deserving a notice are the fourteen stations of the cross imported from Germany. Above the middle entrance door on the interior is a small arched window taken from the Grade School before it was demolished. It depicts St. Anthony holding the Christ Child.
The church is Germanic in character, noted in the brickwork and the four-gabled arrangement of its towers-called “Lombard arcading” along with the similar treatment of the roof surfaces.